Welcome to PNW-SETAC!
You are cordially invited to attend the 25th PNW-SETAC Annual Conference being held June 1 - 4, 2016 in Bellingham, WA, the site of the first official Chapter meeting so many years ago!
PNW-SETAC is the Pacific Northwest regional Chapter of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry - North America (SETAC NA).
It encompasses the largest geographical area within SETAC and includes Alaska, Washington, Idaho, and Oregon, as well as British Columbia, Canada.
There are approximately 200 members in the Chapter, of which 20% are Canadian. Our membership, therefore reflects a diversity of transboundary perspectives on environmental and toxicological issues, providing unique and creative approaches to address environmental challenges that benefits our Chapter.
In actual numbers, more than a third (37%) of our members work in the business and industry sector, with another 13% in government, and 4% in academia. Although our members in academia comprise the numerically smallest group, they are very active and are particularly adept at recruiting student members (38%) to participate in Chapter activities.
Our activities include:
- Holding an annual conference for scientists to present their research on topics of regional interest and relevance
- Promoting student research through presentations and poster sessions at the conference and by providing student travel awards to attend regional and national conferences
- Organizing and holding workshops and short courses on topics of significant emerging interest
- Providing support to SETAC North America for international conferences held within our region
- Providing professional networking opportunities, resume posting, and employment opportunities
If you are not a member and are interested in joining, please do so on the Member Services page.